Mini Siam Pattaya Thailand
WAT PHRA KAEO : BANGKOK
This City landmark should be the first place on any visitor’s itinarary. It is a huge compound on Na Phra Lan Road near Pramane Ground, Surrounded by high white walls and occupies an area of about a square mile. The palace, begun in 1782, consists of several buildings with highly decorated architectural details. The Royal chapel, Wat Phra Kaeo, which is in the same compound, houses the Emerald Buddha, the most sacred Buddha image in Thailand. Photography inside the building housing the Emerald Buddha is forbidden.
PHANOM RUNG HISTORICAL PARK: BURIRUM
The Panomrung Stone Temple in Burirum province is actually an extinct volcano and is the most valuable piece of in the north-east in the 12 TH C.B.E. It is a walled-in enclosure, with both the door frames and walls carved in the beautiful design of Lopburi Period style with Khmer influence. It is thought that it was originally built as an idol temple according to Brahminic belief. Within the Prasat, or castle, is a thorne hall built in the 12 th century A.D. The beauty of the main Prang of Phanom Rung lies not only in its plan. But in the vibrant stone carvings which cover large parts of the temple. Many lintels and pediments depict episodes from Indian texts such as the Ramayana, the Mahabhasat, and the Puranas.
WAT ARUN (TEMPLE OF THE DAWN) : BANGKOK
Located on the west bank of the Chao Phraya River, Wat Arun can be reached either by Arun Amarin Road or by crossing the river by boat from Tha Tien Pier, near Wat Pho. The most attractive structure in this temple is the 79-meter-high-pagoda or “Phra Prang” . Wat Arun was restored during the brief Thonburi period to be the Royal Chapel of King Taksin. Despite its name “Temple of the Dawn” ,the most beautiful view of it is from the Bangkok side of the river at sunset.
PHRA THINANG AISAWAN THIPHY A-A R T : AYUTTHAYA
PHRA THINANG AISAWAN THIPHYA-ART is a Thai-style pavilion with four porches and a spired roof built by King Chulalongkorn in the middle of an outer pond in 1876 . It is a copy of the Phra Thinang Aphongphimok Prasat in the Grand Palace, which was built by his father, King Mongkut, as a pavilion for changing regalia before mounting a palanquin. King Chulalongkorn named this building Aisawan Thiphya-art after King Prasat Thong’s original pavillion. This pavillion now houses a bronze statue of King Chulalongkorn in the uniform of a Field Marshal which was set up by his son King Vajiravudh (Rama VI).
Anantasmakom Hall ( The Marble Throne Hall )
This official building as the foreigners known well in the name of The Marble Throne Hall, located inside Dusit Palace in Bangkok. The construction of this throne hall started in 1907 A.D. in the reign of King Rama V, and was completed in 1915 A.D. during the reign of King Rama VI.
The Marble Throne Hall is in the Italian Renaissance Style. The building is decorated with carved marble imported from carrara, Italy. The dome-shaped ceiling displays 6 large frescos murals, related to important incidents during the reigns of King Rama I until King Rama VI.
WAT MAHATHART : SUKHOTHAI
A sanctuary lies to the west behind the Royal Palace compound. It is Sukhothai’s largest Wat and a customary main Chedi in lotus-bud shape, and a ruined Vihara. At the base of the Chedi stand Buddhist disciples in adoration , and on the pedestal seated Buddha images. In front of this reliquary in large Vihara formerly containing a remarkable seated bronze buddha image of Sukhothai style, which was cast and installed by King Lithai of Sukhothai in 1362. At the end of the 18 th century, the image was removed to the Vihara Luang of Wat Suthat in Bangkok by the order of the King Rama 1 and has since been named Phra Si Sakaya Muni. In front of the southern image a piece of sculpture call “Khom Dam Din” (a Khamer who came by was of walking underground)
HISTORICAL PARK OF AYUTTHAYA : AYUTTHAYA
This was originally built by King U-Thong. During the reign of King Barom Trailokkanat and later kings,several new buildings were added, including Wat Phra Sri SunPhet . Notable buildings are Wihan Somdet Pavillion , Sunphet Prasart Pavillion, Suriyat Amarin Pavillion , Chakravat Phaichayon Pavillion , Bunyon Rattanat Pavillion , and the Tri Muk Building , a wooden structure with a brick foundation, was rebuilted in its original style at the command of King Chulalongkorn in 1907
WAT PHRA SRISUNPETCH : AYUTTHAYA
Wat Phrasrisunpetch ( AYUTTHAYA ), This temple is in similar line with Wat Phra Kaew of Bangkok City. Originally, Phra Chao U Thong built a castle before starting to erect others. In 1500 a 16 meters high standing Buddha was cast by King Ramathipodi II. The image was covered with gold weight some 170 kilogrammes . In 1767, the Burmese set fire to the image to melt off gold, completely destroying the image temple. Nearby are three ceylonese-style chedis built during the 15 th century to enshrine the ashes of three Ayutthayan Kings. These were renovated in 1956
VICTORY MONUMENT : BANGKOK
VICTORY MONUMENT, LOCATED IN THE CIRCLE CENTRE AT THE CORNER OF PAHOL YOTHIN ROAD CONNECTING PHYATHAI AND RAJVITHI ROAD, THE VICTORY MONUMENT WAS BUILT IN JANUARY 1941 DURING THE REIGN OF KING RAMA VIL AS A MEMORIAL IN HONOUR OF 49 HEROES WHO DIED DURING THE INCOCHINA WAR. THE MONUMENT WAS OPENED ON JUNE 24, 1942 BY FIELD MARSHAL P.PIBULSONGKRAM.
RAMA IX CABLE-STAYED BRIDGE : BANGKOK
Another bridge across the Chao Phraya River, is part of the express way, the Tha Rua (Port)-Dao Khanong route. It is the world’s longest single plane cable-stayed bridge. The overall length is three kilometers. The distance between its two main supports measured from Bangkok side to Thonburi side is 450 meters.